How does that help me? The live_nodes watch tells me when nodes go up
and down, but surely I should be waiting for the overseer to do the same
and update state.json. I'd just want live_nodes watched for situations
where someone wants to do, say, collections API calls that aren't
specific to a collection, I presume.

Upayavira

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016, at 04:45 PM, Scott Blum wrote:
> You probably also want a child watch on live_nodes to monitor
> connected nodes.
>
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Upayavira <u...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
>> I've recently had a patch merged into Pysolr that adds ZK awareness

(compatible with custerstate.json). Now I need to update it to be

compatible with the newer state.json, and I just wanted to confirm my

understanding....

If we create a Python 'client' that is tied to a specific collection,

then all I need to do is set up a watch on

/collections/${collection}/state.json, and update the list of nodes

accordingly (as I would have on a watch on clusterstate.json) when

state.json changes.

There's a lot more that *could* be done, but for the basics, it seems

that's enough.

Is it really this simple?

Upayavira