Since this is the first major release since cutting over to git the intent
was to first create the 6x branch and create 6_0 once Jenkins was stable
with the new branches (version changes, backcompat, etc). This meant
a slight gap between creating the 6x and 6_0 branch, and a temporary
feature freeze until everything checks out.

That being said, if everyone is comfortable with the current state of
Jenkins (I know Mike did a lot of work to ensure backcompat tests pass) I
have no problem with the creation of the 6_0 branch. We just needed to give
enough time for things to settle and people to respond.

- Nick