[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6733?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15209734#comment-15209734
 ] 

Shawn Heisey commented on SOLR-6733:
------------------------------------

While discussing a warning emitted by Jetty during Solr startup on the 
jetty-user mailing list, the idea of embedding Jetty into Solr was mentioned.

Let's assume for a moment that I'm insane enough to actually try tackling this. 
 One idea for the package name is org.apache.solr.start -- modelled after what 
I can see in jetty's start.jar.

Would that be a reason to re-open this issue?    Should the new package go in 
solr/core, or would it be better to create a solr/start module directory?  I 
haven't delved into it at all, but I'm guessing packaging would be easier if 
it's a separate directory.

> Umbrella issue - Solr as a standalone application
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-6733
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6733
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: New Feature
>            Reporter: Shawn Heisey
>
> Umbrella issue, for gathering issues relating to smaller pieces required to 
> implement the larger feature where Solr can be run as a completely standalone 
> application, without a servlet container.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to