Shawn:

How does this play with the notion bandied about during the whole
"stop shipping a war file" of replacing Jetty with something? IIRC
Netty was mentioned as an example.

Wouldn't want you to put effort into a dead-end...

Erick


On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:21 PM, Shawn Heisey (JIRA) <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>     [ 
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6733?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15209786#comment-15209786
>  ]
>
> Shawn Heisey commented on SOLR-6733:
> ------------------------------------
>
> It would be a new package name either way, but as I consider how to handle 
> the build, I think a separate directory is easier to package into something 
> with a name like "solr-start.jar".
>
> I'm encouraged to learn that the insanity level will be less than I feared.
>
>> Umbrella issue - Solr as a standalone application
>> -------------------------------------------------
>>
>>                 Key: SOLR-6733
>>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6733
>>             Project: Solr
>>          Issue Type: New Feature
>>            Reporter: Shawn Heisey
>>
>> Umbrella issue, for gathering issues relating to smaller pieces required to 
>> implement the larger feature where Solr can be run as a completely 
>> standalone application, without a servlet container.
>
>
>
> --
> This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
> (v6.3.4#6332)
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to