On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I was trying to think up what other real use cases actually where...
>>> because that really does have a bearing on if a new syntax should be
>>> developed, and what that syntax should look like.
>>>

>> The use cases I can think of are either very simple or very complex.
>> I like this because it lets simple happen inline, and complex can
>> happen in Components/Handlers/elsewhere
>>

> Another key example would be inline highlighting:
>
> &id,_hl:title_,body

If we're going to come up with another syntax, it needs to be fully fleshed out.
This one already looks ambiguous in the context of "fl".

For example, does that mean give me "id","title highlighted","body"
or does it mean "id","title and body highlighted"?

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco