Hi Yonik,

I started my virtual box with fresh windows xp snapshot. Downloaded JDK
1.6.0_24 and Solr 3.1.0. Started solr and then "java -jar post.jar *.xml" ->
success.

You should before we start to "fix" something that's not an issue ask this
person which JDK exactly he uses and where he downloaded it. Is it maybe not
an Oracle one? (this GB encoding is very common - if a JVM does not support
it (it must not) it can only be some western-european one like I mentioned
in my mail).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler