> The other solution, delaying removal until 8.0, doesn't sound like a bad
idea either.
I think that's what everyone is saying here, legacy numeric types will be
supported in Solr at least until 8.0. It could happen that they are moved
from Lucene to Solr, but will for sure be supported during the life of Solr
7.X. "deprecating" them in Solr just means changing the default schemas,
etc, and document that people should use PointFields instead, and keeping
them around for those users who have built their indices with them, as you
said, the same as it was done with the previous numeric types.