The only throw case that I think needs changing is in SegmentInfos.java L315

Version luceneVersion = Version.fromBits(input.readVInt(),
input.readVInt(), input.readVInt());
if (luceneVersion.onOrAfter(Version.LUCENE_7_0_0) == false) {
  // TODO: should we check indexCreatedVersion instead?
  throw new IndexFormatTooOldException(input, "this index is too old
(version: " + luceneVersion + ")");
}

The Lucene version here should be LUCENE_7_0_0, instead of the original
LUCENE_6_0_0.

Is there anything else that's needed (and is this the correct change?).

-Anshum