I've been digging into the capabilities of the current points
implementation in Lucene. The use case I'm interested in is K nearest
neighbor search for vectors. The idea is to provide Lucene with a  vector
to search for, seek to a location in the TermsEnum that most closely
matches the vector and then be able to retrieve the K nearest vectors above
and below the match.

Can the current implementation support this type of query? If it doesn't
support this yet, does the underlying structure of the KDTree support this
and it just needs a new TermsEnum implementation?

Thanks,
Joel