For these type of things i use a very simple script that creates a tmp
dir and checks out the latest git commit (can be local) and then runs
a build.

That way you can keep working in your current work directory and don't
need to maintain 2 checkouts, or move commits around.

https://gist.github.com/selckin/8bcdb8d09cda3e5ee89e61bb8fa457d0