> If I just very slowly put it in piece by piece and tried to pre think out
> every step, the results would be pretty dreary.

To elaborate on that, there probably would not have been results from me :)

I almost quit in the middle of Jetty HttpClient. I relearned every mistake
I made trying to do the proxy the first time 6 times and then made some new
ones. The security and SSL part are still going to take some grunt work.

I almost quit in the middle of Http2. I hadn't signed up for this. But I
was in too far by then, too much invested.

By the QOSFilter, that was a nice change of pace, but  it's just an early
prototype.

It's one of those things that just doesn't happen until some idiot bites
off more than he can chew. Painful to break up much initially, too general
to pull lots of payed devs, too much for one dev.

I've been hunting down thread pools and bad resource use in general as well
(still clearing out sleeps, focusing on non test code first, but some test
code too). I'd like to get that in shape and then start enforcing checks
and tests around it. A lot of that can probably come in independently.

- Mark

--
- Mark
about.me/markrmiller