> [...] things easier, then I don't think we should change it.  Dependency
> management is only a small part of what the build system does.

Well said. While I love Gradle's flexibility and power, complex built
scripts (like Elastic's) are a
headache to debug. Ant is a rough hammer I can understand most of the
time, although it comes with its own quirks.

> It would indeed be a big job.  If you tackle it, I would suggest setting
> it up so it exists in parallel with the ant build system for at least
> all of 8.x.  In the interests of stability, I don't think the work
> should affect branch_7x.

There's also a working (?) Maven build that is parallel with the one
we have in Ant. So it's definitely possible.

D.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to