Sort of playing devil’s advocate for sake of discussion, why would we pick
Pelican static site generator over Jekyll static site generator which we
already use for the Ref Guide? Why would we stay with Markdown when we already
know that Asciidoc is a much more expressive markup language that we already
use for hundreds of pages of content?

I know nothing about Pelican - your mail is the first I heard of it - so asking
that really just as a way to get more info for why you prefer it.

Assuming we move to a world where something like the Ref Guide is simply
“website content”, I could see it becoming burdensome to generate HTML files
with 2 different systems in 2 different formats, etc. Is that a valid concern
or not something you’re worried about?

Cassandra