From: Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 11:47 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: New Policeman Jenkins Hardware: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Octa-Core, DDR4
ECC, 2x1 Terabyte NVME SSD as RAID

agreed. for all situations it may not help. but for my test 0 bytes were left
at the end. i watched the io and usage as tests ran and the usage only even
peaks at megabytes.

just death by a thousand stabs... literally. gazillions of tests writing only a
few MB each.

i think we can all agree these test indexes are "temp data"? so if the build
respects java.io.tmpdir here, then imo it behaves nicely and gives user the
chance to prevent hardware destruction.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020, 3:36 PM Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com