I think you may find the answer here :)

https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/blob/a66ec4204550ef9cbc89ef65e7cec3f35f39a07a/modules/gitbox/files/cgi-bin/issues.cgi#L358-L361

I made some contributions to that code in INFRA-19263
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19263> so I know that the handling
of the GH callbacks is very basic…
It also is quite stupid in how it handles PR reviews, so I opened INFRA-19297
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19297> for that.

Feel free to open a JIRA for the commit comments as well. I know INFRA is
planning to deprecate the issues.cgi script and implement a more intelligent
system with all callbacks being put on a queue and then processed by some
workers, but I’m not sure where they are in that effort. Just in case you
should feel like writing some code, you should check with them first if
issues.cgi is going away tomorrow :)

Jan