Ran the smoke tester ok.
Started Solr from the downloaded package to validate the only Solr bugfix in
this release:

* SOLR-14359: Admin UI collection/core drop-downs had wrong placeholder text.
Fixed by upgrading angular-chosen (janhoy)

However, the drop-downs still show «Select an Option» as before the fix, with
this error in JS console
<https://code.angularjs.org/1.7.9/docs/error/$parse/syntax?p0=Selector&p1=is%20an%20unexpected%20token&p2=6&p3=Core%20Selector&p4=Selector>.

Strange thing is that when re-trying on branch_8x and master the same happens
there, across several browsers.
Which leads me to think that the patch, as committed, had an issue all along.
Although it worked locally when I did the merge...
NIce if someone could check on your end and report whether you see the same.

I’m not -1 the release due to the low severity of the bug. I’ll dig some more
on master…

Jan