Hello,

What do we call the directory above the solr.home?
E.g.
- "schemaless" in example/schemaless/solr/gettingstarted
- "node1" in example/cloud/node1/solr/gettingstarted_shard1_replica_n2
- "solr" in server/solr/book/conf

In solr.in.cmd we "may be" calling it "solr start dir"
In bin/solr, we call it SOLR_SERVER_DIR
In install_solr-service.sh, we sort-of call it SOLR_VAR_DIR "Directory
for live/writable Solr files", which is not quite the same because
apparently pid files go there, while for distribution they seem to go
into bin

I guess it mostly matters when you have multiple Solr instances
running on the same machine and you need to separate log locations,
etc.

Regards,
  Alex.