I agree. With the amount of things going away, a CHANGES.txt section and
ref guide page are likely warranted.

The ref guide page should be separate from the Upgrade Notes page in the
ref guide, as that should already have a fair amount of information. I
imagine this page would explain the overall goal of deprecating these
features, then dive into the plugin/alternatives for each feature that is
affected.

- Houston