I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "make it a single pattern
(the annotations?)" Eric?

To me, the pattern is well established in the Java world: JAX-RS (with
Jersey as the underlying impl. which has nice integration with Jetty). But
when I suggested porting the code that uses restlet to JAX-RS / Jersey,
Ishan said that wasn't necessary and is already supported with some
Annotations ... I have no idea what that means and need more info about
what is already in place. Short of that, replacing restlet with JAX-RS /
Jersey looks like a trivial amount of work to me (and I'm happy to take it
on).

Tim