Thanks Ishan for the initiative!
I think that’s a good idea if it allows testing that branch, assuming some
are ready to invest what it takes and run this in production (maybe not
with user facing prod traffic?).

I do not think naming it Solr 10 is a good idea though, as it is likely
very different from what will end up being in Solr 10 (and even from what
will be in Solr 9.

I do hope we manage to port to master all these improvements!

Ilan