From: Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 6:28 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org <dev@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: additional term meta data

how to access first and last?
which version will you be merging

________________________________
From: John Wang <john.w...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 8:19 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org <dev@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: additional term meta data

Hi folks:

We like to propose a feature to add additional per-term metadata to the term
diction.

Currently, the TermsEnum API returns docFreq as its only meta-data. We needed a
way to quickly get the first and last doc id in the postings without having to
scan through the entire postings list.

We have created a PR on our own fork and we would like to contribute this back
to the community. Please let us know if this is something that's useful and/or
fits Lucene's roadmap, we would be happy to submit a patch.

https://github.com/dashbase/lucene-solr/pull/1

Thank you

-John