I did another round of beast, this time setting that flag to true (as
suggested to me by Noble).

ant -Duse.perreplica=true -Dtests.dups=1 -Dtests.iters=5 -Dbeast.iters=5
-Dtestcase=SolrCloudReportersTest beast

-beast:
  [beaster] Beast round 1 results:
/home/ishan/code/lucene-solr/solr/build/solr-core/test/1
  [beaster] Beast round 2 results:
/home/ishan/code/lucene-solr/solr/build/solr-core/test/2
  [beaster] Beast round 3 results:
/home/ishan/code/lucene-solr/solr/build/solr-core/test/3
  [beaster] Beast round 4 results:
/home/ishan/code/lucene-solr/solr/build/solr-core/test/4
  [beaster] Beast round 5 results:
/home/ishan/code/lucene-solr/solr/build/solr-core/test/5
  [beaster] Beasting finished Successfully.

I'm not sure what's going on :-(