I think for PR 420 (https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/420) we are
(confusingly!) not really seeing performance benefits -- taxonomy index got
a bit bigger, and loading the parent arrays no faster?  So Patrick closed
that one.

But the other PR (https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/264) looks like it
shows huge speedups on luceneutil.  Thanks Greg for pushing on this one!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com