MG>below
________________________________
From: Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2021 5:40 AM
To: Lucene Dev <dev@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Warnings from gradle rat task

Alan - 1029651d121 on main.
D.

On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 4:21 PM Dawid Weiss
<dawid.we...@gmail.com<mailto:dawid.we...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I am 99.9% sure this warning comes from ant (we use ant's rat task) somewhere -
not gradle... It looks like loading rat's task defs overrides ant's built-in
javadoc for some reason - you can see it if you modify rat-sources.gradle:

    def generateReport(File reportFile) {
        // Set up ant rat task.
        logger.lifecycle("Before.")
        def ratClasspath = project.rootProject.configurations.ratDeps.asPath
        ant.taskdef(resource: 'org/apache/rat/anttasks/antlib.xml', classpath:
ratClasspath)

MG>I suspect you have an ancient javadoc binary in classpath
MG>but there is no way of knowing without looking at contents of antlib.xml

        logger.lifecycle("after.")

the warning will be right there in between...

D.

On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 3:37 PM Alan Woodward
<romseyg...@gmail.com<mailto:romseyg...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi all,

When running `./gradlew check` against the latest master I get a whole bunch of
output messages like this:

> Task :lucene:analysis:smartcn:rat
Trying to override old definition of task javadoc

> Task :lucene:analysis:stempel:rat
Trying to override old definition of task javadoc

> Task :lucene:analysis:common:rat
Trying to override old definition of task javadoc

I don’t think it’s breaking anything but it’s a bit disconcerting.  Maybe
something to do with a gradle upgrade?

- Alan