its been my experience gradle takes months to address these type of issues
can be quite frustrating since people seem to be pushing gradle as build-du-jour

martin-

________________________________
From: Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 11:20 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org <dev@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Warnings from gradle rat task

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 9:48 AM Dawid Weiss
<dawid.we...@gmail.com<mailto:dawid.we...@gmail.com>> wrote:
MG>I suspect you have an ancient javadoc binary in classpath
MG>but there is no way of knowing without looking at contents of antlib.xml

Looking at ant code it seems like it tried to reload tasks for some reason and
class loaders are different hence the warning. We don't have javadoc on
classpath - gradle does. I suspect it isolates tasks from each other somehow...
not really worth looking that deep into, I guess.

D.

I think I looked into using the gradle rat plugin when we were doing the
migrations but it was missing features. I filed an issue for them and I think
they fixed it since then but I never went back to check if that would be enough
for us to switch over. Maybe worth investigating, but also possibly not worth
the efforts.

Mike