Your gradle.properties looks good, it shouldn't hit the same issue as
the ASF Jenkins. The gradle.properties of the ASF Jenkins looked like
this before I updated it:

```
# Disable Gradle daemon for all builds.
org.gradle.daemon=false

# Lucene specific settings for lucene2 build nodes
systemProp.file.encoding=UTF-8
org.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx3g
org.gradle.workers.max=4
tests.jvms=4
tests.multiplier=2
```

And now:

```
# Disable Gradle daemon for all builds.
org.gradle.daemon=false

# Lucene specific settings for lucene2 build nodes
systemProp.file.encoding=UTF-8
org.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx3g \
 --add-exports jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.api=ALL-UNNAMED \
 --add-exports jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.file=ALL-UNNAMED \
 --add-exports jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.parser=ALL-UNNAMED \
 --add-exports jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.tree=ALL-UNNAMED \
 --add-exports jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.util=ALL-UNNAMED
org.gradle.workers.max=4
tests.jvms=4
tests.multiplier=2
```

I was seeing a few errors in precommit in early versions of the linked
PR, so I wanted to make sure I was using the most up-to-date versions
of dependencies before attempting any fix. But to my knowledge this
new version doesn't address the failure that we saw on the ASF
Jenkins.

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 11:33 AM Uwe Schindler <u...@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> But Jenkins removes its gradle.properties file from the build directory
> before each build as it starts with a clean checkout.
>
> So it is not understandable to me. It recreated the file:
> https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-main-Linux/ws/gradle.properties/*view*/
> See also timestamp: https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-main-Linux/ws/
>
> I have seen that you updated the format in the PR.
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen