Re the OpenAI embedding the following recent paper might be of interest

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2201.10005.pdf

(Text and Code Embeddings by Contrastive Pre-Training, Jan 24, 2022)

Thanks

Michael

Am 13.02.22 um 00:14 schrieb Michael Wechner:
Here a concrete example where I combine OpenAI model "text-similarity-ada-001" with Lucene vector search

INPUT sentence: "What is your age this year?"

Result sentences

1) How old are you this year?
   score '0.98860765'

2) What was your age last year?
   score '0.97811764'

3) What is your age?
   score '0.97094905'

4) How old are you?
   score '0.9600177'

Result 1 is great and result 2 looks similar, but is not correct from an "understanding" point of view and results 3 and 4 are good again.

I understand "similarity" is not the same as "understanding", but I hope it makes it clearer what I am looking for :-)

Thanks

Michael