Many years ago I had started this Lux project that was designed to
build an XML-aware index using Solr; see
https://github.com/msokolov/lux/tree/master/src/main/java/lux/index/analysis
for the analysis chain I used. Maybe you'll find something useful in
this project? It's dormant for years, and pre-dates interval queries,
but the code is still the code, and XML has not really changed...