+1 for a manual approach

Over time the volume will gravitate to mostly GitHub issues. And JIRA will
always remain as an archive, so nothing is lost. Devs can always peek into the
list of open JIRAs any time and choose to start a PR for one. A slight
disadvantage is of course that in the first year or two you need to look in
both systems to get a full overview of all open issues. But auto migrating
hundreds of abandoned JIRA issues to GitHub is no better imo.

Jan