Hi David,

> On 25 May 2024, at 21:08, Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand it's a pain if the order changes from run to run but I don't see
> a way this can be avoided ([1] is the issue you mentioned on gh). Tests (and
> code) shouldn't rely on map/set ordering, although I realize it may be
> difficult to weed out in such a large codebase.

To be clear, I agree, the bug is in the Elasticsearch code - it should not
depend upon iteration order of these collection types. And yes, it’s difficult
to weed out and fix, which we’ll continue to work on.

> For what it's worth, the next version of HPPC will be a proper module (with
> com.carrotsearch.hppc id). Would it change anything/ make it easier if I
> renamed it to just 'hppc'?

Moving to an explicit module with a module-info sounds good. The name,
com.carrotsearch.hppc, is a fine name for this. No need to revert to the
automatic module name.

-Chris.