For Lucene 10.0, I have two topics to raise:

1. Remove the deprecated IndexSearcher#search(Query, Collector) in favour
of IndexSearcher#search(Query, CollectorManager)  (
https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/12892): this involves removing the
leftover usages in facet, grouping, join and test-framework, plus in some
tests. A list of the leftover usages is in the description of the issue. It
would be great to complete this for Lucene 10, otherwise this deprecated
method and usages will stick around for much longer. What do others think?
Should we make this a blocker for the release? I think this is not a huge
effort and it is parallelizable across different people.

2. Intra-segment concurrency (https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/13542):
current thinking is to add support for partitioning segments when
searching, and searching across segment partitions concurrently. My
intention is to introduce breaking changes and documentation in Lucene 10
(really only the basics), without switching the default slicing of
IndexSearcher to create segment partitions. We will want to leverage
segment partitions in testing. More iterations are going to be needed to
remove duplicated work across partitions of the same segment, which is my
next step, but currently out of scope for Lucene 10. Judging from the
reviews I got so far, my PR is not far and I am working on it to address
comments, polish it a bit more and merge it soon.

Feedback is welcome

Cheers
Luca