Aha! I realized that I was totally misreading some stacktraces while
debugging some of the Join tests. You're absolutely right that a
ScorerSupplier is created for each doc ID range -- not just the Scorer.
Also, the test that I "helped" Vamsi with didn't really get fixed by moving
construction of the TermsEnum into the get() method -- it just didn't
happen to fail that time. *facepalm*

Please ignore my unfounded panic :D

Thanks,
Froh