The intra-segment concurrency PR has been pretty close for quite a few days
already. I ran benchmarks last week, made adjustments, and just finished
addressing comments from Mike's review. My plan would be to merge it
tomorrow unless there are objections.

Regarding the usage of the deprecated search method, I agree that we should
not delay the release for that, yet I hope that we get that done. I will
try to tackle the remaining issues, and Greg has been helping there too,
thanks a lot! For anyone else  interested, the description of the issue
lists a number of remaining items that need fixing:
https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/12892 .

Cheers
Luca