On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Michael McCandless
<luc...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> Hi Mikhail,
>
> BlockJoinQParserPlugin sounds cool!
>
> I think you're right: the incoming filter will apply to the "to"
> document space.  So, for ToParentBJQ it's parent docs, and ToChildBJQ
> it's child docs.  The filter only needs to define the bits for docs in
> that "to" space... the other bits will not be used.

Thanks for resolving my hesitations. It allows me move forward.

> It looks like that's what your test case is testing for...?  Does it pass?

Of course it doesn't.
the first reason is that BlockJoinWeight.scorer()
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/trunk/modules/join/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/join/ToParentBlockJoinQuery.java?view=markup
has the opposite intention (btw, are you %100 sure?):
 * Children query is filtered by the given filter
childWeight.scorer(readerContext, true, false, *acceptDocs*);
 * Parent filter  is not constrained
parentsFilter.getDocIdSet(readerContext,
*readerContext.reader().getLiveDocs()*);
That's why I asked for the rationale of filtered BJQ search.

The also complication which I met is that
AssertingIndexSearcher.wrapFilter() randomly switches from filtered
search to FilteredQuery.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/trunk/lucene/src/test-framework/java/org/apache/lucene/search/AssertingIndexSearcher.java
it leads to IllegalStateException"parentFilter must return
FixedBitSet; got "BitsFilteredDocIdSet. I suppose I can deal with it.