On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:12 AM, Michael McCandless
<luc...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> This thread is impossible for me to keep up with!

It's a very complex topic, and I wish I could find more concise ways
to talk about it.

Anyhow, since you all seem to have a consensus not to push the rewind
button back to the days of 'just the source', I'll leave this offer
hanging in the air: I'd like to help make lives easier around here. I
can't give Rob and Steve back any of the time they spent exploring all
the twisty passages in 3.6.0, but there may be other possibilities
looking toward 4.0. After folks have recovered from this deluge, if
someone wants to post threads of the form: "Is there an alternative to
giant annoyance X" we can see what can be come up with.