Hi,

If you use a plain SlowCompositeReaderWrapper without an FCInvisible wrapper on
the MultiReader behind, the FC insanity checker will warn the user! So
FieldCache.DEFAULT.getInts(SlowCompositeReaderWrapper.wrap(directoryReader),
field) will create insanity and the detector will find that. The reason for
this is, because SlowCompositeReader returns the cache key of the
directoryReader it wraps, so the insanity checker sees the child readers and
shout "ALARM!". We just "hide" the composite reader key, so the random wrapping
causes no insanity, because the atomic reader wrapper looks really atomic to
the insanity checker.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler