An apples to oranges comparison doesn't tell you much. One coder has no
community to deal with, is not spread across multiple time zones, knows all of
the code intimately, etc. There are some advantageous. And even more
disadvantageous over time.

Many of our process are designed to be slower.

Apache has a motto - "community over code".

Pure velocity is not necessarily the goal of an Open Source project.

Personally, I think we do things one of the many right ways :)

- Mark