I see failures on these tests a lot too when I run tests from branch_4x/solr. It is happening even after Mark's latest commit. Usually if I just run tests again another time or two, it eventually passes, though the tests that use testDistribSearch are *very* slow - lots of HEARTBEAT messages for them.

I grabbed the "reproduce" line for a recent failure and trimmed it down to just the test and the seed to try and help narrow it down. This has failed on every one of the last six runs:

ant -Dtestcase=BasicDistributedZk2Test -Dtests.method=testDistribSearch -Dtests.seed=9BED4586114FCD39 clean test

I don't use SolrCloud, and eventually the tests pass when I try "ant clean test" again, so I have not worried about these failures, other than cursing how long they take. These tests are slow whether they pass or fail.

Thanks,
Shawn