Uwe:

Right, and the whole cloning thing is done in lots of places, I've done it
myself. But that doesn't explain why this fails:

ant -Dtestcase=TestSolrProperties test

and this succeeds:

ant test

even though the "ant test" runs TestSolrProperties. My _guess_ is that
somehow specifying -Dtestcase=..... is somehow changing where tempDir is.

Erick