> Thanks, we'll see what I can see. The weird bit Is I was looking at the
> normal output and it's almost like the location of the index changes part
> way through. The fail is on:

I'd say it's something in the Solr test code (like Uwe mentioned), not
in the test framework. If you have a repeatable seed it'd help. You
can also run with one JVM which will make it repeatable for everyone
(since if there are multiple processors the number of JVMs may vary
and the order of tests will be different).

So: -Dtests.jvms=1

> but earlier the datadir is set to:
> dataDir=/Users/Erick/apache/4x/solr/build/solr-solrj/test/J0/./solrtest-TestSolrProperties-1363196171798/data/-/
>
> Whereas in the 4.2 case, it stays something equivalent to:
> dataDir=/Users/Erick/apache/4x/solr/build/solr-solrj/test/J0/./solrtest-TestSolrProperties-1363196171798/data/-/

These are bit-to-bit identical? :)

D.