I need a seed to ensure that my test, which uses a lot of randomization,
generates the right randomized shapes.  This particular seed just so happens
to pick RAMDirectory as well, and that's how I first stumbled upon the
problem; all the circumstances were just right.  I'm not manually using "new
RAMDirectory()", I'm letting it get chosen either by default or if I want
something else then picking it via the system property -- "newDirectory()".
I am aware of the complexities of debugging this by inadvertently altering
what the random seed is at any given moment due to commenting out something
in an attempt to deduce what the problem is. I don't think I fell victim to
that trap because I've been watchful at the moment the assertion occurs,
what the particular random indexed & queried shapes should be.

~ David

Michael McCandless-2 wrote

-----
 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book