My understanding of Lucene Block-Join indexing is that at some point
IndexWriter.addDocuments() or IndexWriter.updateDocuments() need to be
called to actually write a block of documents to disk.

   I'm trying to understand how SOLR-3076 (Solr should support block
joins), works and haven't been able to trace out how or where it calls
IndexWriter.addDocuments() or IndexWriter.updateDocuments.

Can someone point me to the right place in the patch code?

(If I should be asking this in the JIRA instead of the dev list please let
me know)

Tom