I have an old JIRA where I started working on this, but I cannot find it.

There has been no need for the multi core example for years now. I did a bunch
of work taking it out at one point, but I'm sure that work is old enough to be
useless now. Never go around to committing it.

A few tests tie into those configs and I think there was some other flotsam and
jettsom to clean up.

- Mark