> But, it looks like this seed is in fact the one passed to each test
> ... so the seed in the "reproduce with" line is already the master
> seed.  So I can try to reproduce with that (and exact same number of
> JVMS as flonkings).

That's why I asked, actually, so that you can figure it out yourself
:) Yes, the "seed" printed for a failing test (everywhere, in the
augmented stack trace, etc.) is a concatenation of all the "parent"
seeds, currently this would be:

master:test

for a test that failed in a given test, but:

master

only if a test fails in the beforeclass hook, for example. This is
related to how JUnit manages scopes (or rather how I interpret them
because JUnit doesn't have any notion of a "scope").

Anyway, in short -- if you see a [foo]:[bar] then [foo] is your master seed.

Dawid