On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Michael McCandless
> <luc...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>> This has actually bit me before too ...
>
> Me too.
> I'm never sure if I may have made a typo... the only way to be sure is
> to tee the output to a file and go back through and look for the test
> output.
> I've also run things in a loop for an hour before I realized that they
> were running slightly too fast.
>
> I guess one answer is for me to create my own test script (not just
> for running in a loop, but even running a test a single time) that
> ensures (via grep) that at least one test was run.

The python runner takes a "-once" argument to run the test only once
... it's sort of backwards, but I originally created this runner in
order to beast a single test across multiple JVMs ... so when I want
to run a single test I do this:

  python repeatLuceneTest.py TestFoo.testBar -once -nolog

(-nolog sends all output to the console)

And it will (now!) fail if you have a typo in your test case ...

But ... I don't think it sets the classpath to run Solr tests now ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com