On 07/11/13 14:50, Erick Erickson wrote:
All:

I'm a little overwhelmed by this thing. It's 500K and currently fails
precommit with javadoc warnings. I can fix those bits with some
boilerplate...

But, how to proceed? I've no hope of competently reviewing 500K of
changes (some if it is documentation, true). But it obviously have lots
and lots of work put in to it, and I'd like to get moving on getting
this checked in.

I'm looking for some consensus here on whether just fixing up the
javadocs and running the test suite is enough to at least check it in to
trunk. From there, letting it bake for a week or two and merging into
4.x (after 4.6 is cut) would be the next step.

It's new functionality, so it doesn't seem _too_ dangerous.

See, if people don't raise objections, I can spread the blame if things
go wrong :)

In my opinion if it passes tests (and precommit checks ;) ) it should go to trunk so that people start experimenting with it for real - it's harder to do so when it's only a (massive) patch.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki