Hi,

> A few MADlib v1.10-rc1 observations from a HAWQ incubator committer.
>
>    - The Copyright year (2016) in the NOTICE file needs to be updated to
>    2017. I believe this can be handled in next release.

I have created a pull request to fix this.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/pull/104

>    - As it still applies, similar to a past comment by Roman ([VOTE] MADlib
>    v1.9.1-rc2
>
> <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/981b4c24eaa2ab069b8e18f7aa4bddc7a78d3a9dc26bf659af94fcfe@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E>)

Here is the checklist from the previous release process:

>   * imported keys from the provided KEYS file
>   * checksums and signatures
>   * the release archive is identical to the content of the tag
>   * DICLAIMER, LICENSE and NOTICE are all as they should be

Hope these would go well. :D

>   * ran RAT check (via mvn verify) and made sure that the license
>     headers in files get properly recognized and the excluded BSD
>     licensed files are correctly excluded
>   * all brand new files in this release have ALv2 headers

Yes, you all can check the RAT result here (see rat.txt):
http://161.202.86.165/build/incubator-madlib/

> Minor nits that I stills strongly suggest you address in future release:
>   * name of the top level folder in the archive is weird. The usual practice
>     is to call the top level folder as <project name>-<version ID>

I would like to fix this as following.

>    - *"* name of the top level folder in the archive is weird. The usual
>    practice is to call the top level folder as <project name>-<version ID>*"*
>     (example: *apache-madlib-src-1.10-incubating* instead of
>    *incubator-madlib*)

I would like to suggest the name of the top directory "incubator-madlib-1.10.0".

My artifacts for testing purpose are available here:
http://161.202.86.165/build/incubator-madlib/

These artifacts are generated automatically in every 3 hours with running
install-check (against PG 9.6) and Apace RAT.

>    - I'm more curious than anything. Why did Orhan sign the release? I was
>    expecting the release manager (Satoshi Nagayasu) to have signed the
> release.

Right, I need Orhan's help as he mentioned in another reply.

>    - Checksums and PGP signature are good.
>    -  ASF headers check: I spot checked files added (git whatchanged
>    --diff-filter=A) since the last release. ASF headers look good.  Nice Job!

Hope these could be ok. :D

Regards,
--
Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>