Resurrecting old thread...

I originally just cloned from the ASF Git mirrors.  Is there a way to then
associate it with an SVN repos so that I can then push a branch to SVN?  I've
got a rather large set of changes across several commits (and don't remember
when I started).  My thinking was I would push them as a branch to SVN and then
do a merge in SVN.  I believe I am current w/ trunk.

Any ideas on workflow for this stuff?

On Mar 7, 2011, at 4:07 AM, Dawid Weiss wrote:

> I'm the same as Ted -- I have a local repo only and maintain my branches in
> there. Don't know about interoperability with other existing git-svn mirrors
> like the ones you mentioned, sorry.
>
> Dawid
>
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I use git svn exclusively any more.
>>
>> But all of my git mirrors come from the base that I synchronize using svn.
>> I haven't try squishing.
>>
>> I have been maintaining 4-7 local branches this way for some time.  Works
>> like a champ.
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlyubi...@apache.org
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> in case of ASF though i found that git svn for some reason checks out
>>> commit history with commit md5 which are different than those
>>> propagated to github (and i guess git.apache.org). So commit from
>>> other branches (merged to git-mirrored trunks) cannot be
>>> merge-squashed to git-svn branch because they fail to establish base
>>> version correctly and try to reply a lot more history they actually
>>> should.
>>>
>>> i guess i have to revert to just doing dirrect patch application.
>>>
>>> git diff -R MAHOUT-???  | patch -p1
>>>
>>> it's a bit of a shame.

>>> about:

Grant Ingersoll