On 23.10.2011 Ted Dunning wrote:
> We can effectively do this by encouraging github forks for prospective
> contributions or by establishing a holding area/contrib with very low bar
> for committing the change.

I think we've seen the sandbox area proposal quite often already - I'm +1 to
that. As much as I love git as a tool, this way we might open an additional
channel to turn contributors into committers, though we should think about
rather clear rules when to grant full commit rights to contrib people otherwise
we might run into the problem of having several contrib people that never make
into core.

Isabel