On 9 February 2012 13:34, Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org> wrote:
> I just migrated Lucene (I think y'all will find the look and feel quite
> familiar) over to the new CMS, so I can help if needed.  It is quite nice and
> easy to use.  For us, it should be trivial for the main page.  The Confluence
> stuff we really need to fix.

It sounds like the 'Nov 2011' switchoff deadline (for
confluence-driven sites) reported in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-804 has stretched to 'end
of 2012'.

I made a new Confluence page last week and it seems to have
auto-exported OK -
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/rowsimilarityjob.html - and therefore
shows up in search engines etc. Having tried the CMS, ... how much of
the Wiki do you think could live there? Is CMS still going to be
committer-only, or is any broader participation possible now? Is
migrating from confluence to http://wiki.apache.org/general/ a
plausible option?

Dan